Compliance in Dentistry
A lot goes on behind the scenes here at Hest Bank Dental Care. Each area of the practice has a procedure for care to ensure the cleanest and most sterile environment in order to provide treatments. We are also independently governed by bodies in the United Kingdom, so you are rest assured that things aren’t just brushed under the carpet.
General Dental Council
The GDC have 9 core principles that all our team study and run workshops for. As a practice we understand what is expected from us as well as the standards we are to provide and guidance on how to implement these. As we are proud of our commitment to these 9 principles, we openly tell you what they are so you can measure us on these when you visit us:
- We put patients interests first, that’s why our mission is to make life better for our patients and not to sell you the latest service on offer.
- We communicate effectively with patients by first listening and understanding your needs as well as ensuring we keep your teeth health and youthful with the latest in dentistry.
- Once we understand your requirements and ensure healthy teeth, we discuss all your options and obtain valid consent through making sure you are fully comfortable with your decision and have all the information to hand as well as time to think.
- Our investment into our software and processes ensures we maintain & protect patient information through encrypted back ups and up to date information on your health.
- The way we grow is through feedback and listening to our patients and market place, we are not scared of having a clear and effective complaints procedure as it helps us grow and understand our patient needs even better.
- Our team is united by our mission, beliefs and values, that’s why it is natural for us to work with colleagues in a way that is in our patients best interest.
- We implement one of the oldest techniques in our practice, division of labour and specialization. Each team member has specific roles and responsibilities to ensure they are the best at doing those things. This helps us to easily maintain, develop and work within our professional knowledge and skills as we all know what we do.
- Our mission is to make life better for our patients by having a single aim of keeping teeth healthy and youthful – for life. Because this is what drives us we quickly raise concerns if patients are at risk of anything other than a better life when in contact with us and when they leave us.
- We have been around for many years and are the trusted dental provider in Lancaster. The reason our success has been long lived and effective is because we make sure our personal behaviour maintains our patients confidence and the dental profession that governs us.
For more information on what standards we have put in place to we adhere to these principles call us or speak to any member of the team.
Contact details for the GDC
General Dental Council
+44 (0) 845 222 4141 (UK local rate)
or +44 (0)20 7887 3800
37 Wimpole Street
London W1G 8DQ
CQC (Care Quality Commission)
By law, all dental practices in England must make sure that the care and treatment they provide meet national standards of quality and safety and Hest Bank Dental Care is fully compliant with CQC requirements and uphold the regulation of policies and procedures. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is an independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England. They make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve. They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure we meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and then publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
There are 5 key standards we deliver as a practice based on CQC compliance:
- You can expect to be respected, involved and told what’s happening at every stage
- You can expect care, treatment and support that meets your needs
- You can expect to be safe
- You can expect to be cared for by staff with the right skills to do their jobs properly
- You can expect your dental practice to routinely check the quality of its services
BDA (British Dental Association)
- Provides collective representation of the profession in its dealings with governments and employing authorities.
- Promote policies which benefit dental practice and dental care, and champion higher standards.
- Lobby politicians on legislation affecting dentists as business people and clinicians, and on issues such as dental student debt, care for special needs patients and commissioning and contract arrangements.
- Publish the British Dental Journal and promote the role of evidence-based dental care. Their expert opinion is often cited in the media.